Buy a Gift Voucher
Slow Clay Studio Practice Program
Fill the gaps & supplement your practical classes!
You have been re-directed to the booking page for Slow Clay Studio Practice Program 2020.
The Studio Practice Program (SPP) is created for students who have a strong interest in ceramics. It is geared towards supplementing your practical studio studies with subjects that are more theoretical and that are helpful for development as a practitioner. It is not necessary to have a high skill level although it will suit students with a good level of experience and interest . Over the course of one year, a number of complimentary units of study are offered which together will make a comprehensive course. Subjects in 2020 include Drawing for Design & Expression, Exploring Personal Expression, Clay, Kilns and Firing, Glaze Development, Ceramics in Context and Business & Marketing. The aim is to help students prepare for more independent learning and/or to start to share their ceramic work with the world!
The bonus is all enrolled students will be able to use the studio facilities and receive optional mentoring after the class (until 5pm) to develop their work.
Enrolment: Enrol in all four terms using the concession ticket to receive a discount and ensure your place for the year OR one term at a time at full price (or at concession ticket if you are a concession card holder)
Time: Mondays 1- 2.30pm (lesson), 2.30-5pm Optional Studio Access included
- Fill the gaps in your knowledge
- new knowledge in areas not usually covered in practical classes
- A4 plain page sketch book and pen/pencil
- willingness to engage in discussion
Sensible shoes and casual clothes! It's an art studio!
Students with a strong interest but not necessary to have high level of skill
Please choose carefully. Due to our limited class sizes once you've booked and paid either the deposit or the full fee we will only refund what you have paid if the class is cancelled by us. If you are unable to attend you may share the love and transfer your booking to a friend for no charge or, provided we can fill your place, you can hold your payment for up to 12 months for a future course.
Welcome to Slow Clay Centre!
We have some Terms & Conditions you need to know about:
These apply to all Slow Clay Centre classes/workshops/events:
- Deposit or full payment (depending on the course/workshop/event) must be made at the time of booking.
- Please choose carefully. Due to our limited class sizes once you've booked and paid either the deposit or the full fee we will only refund what you have paid if the class is cancelled by us. If you are unable to attend you may transfer your booking to a friend for no charge or, provided we can fill your place, we can hold your payment in credit for up to 12 months for any future course (you must pay the difference if the price is higher).
- Please note: All students will receive a reminder three weeks before the start date with a link to pay the remaining balance with your credit card. Students who paid the deposit online will have the balance automatically deducted. Others will need to click on the link provided or ring our office on 99437844.
- Due to our limited class sizes, if your balance is not received three weeks before the start date we reserve the right to find a replacement student and if this is not possible we will keep your deposit.
Weekly classes: These additional conditions apply to all Slow Clay Centre weekly classes.
- Please note that making ceramics, particularly on the pottery wheel, can be a physically demanding activity. If you have any pre-existing illnesses and/or chronic injuries to your back, shoulders, hips, neck, wrists or elbows we strongly advise you to seek a medical opinion before enrolling as some activities might exacerbate past injuries and we take no responsibility if this occurs.
- We ask that you fully disclose any prior and/or ongoing illnesses or injuries that could affect you IN WRITING BY EMAIL before you enrol.
- Your enrolment is conditional on your acceptance that Slow Clay Centre and/or the company's employees, whether casual, contract, or permanently employed, are indemnified against any exacerbation of any past or any new injuries.
- All work made during classes is to be used for personal, non-commercial purposes. This is individually negotiable for advanced students or for studio exhibitions but we ask students to accept that the emphasis of our classes is strictly on education not studio production.
- Teaching fees are fully inclusive of materials but students will incur a single firing fee based on the current cost of $10 per kg weight after gloss firing.(no charge for biqsue firing)
- Collection of fired pieces: Please understand that our storage capacity is extremely limited. Students will be notified via email when work is ready to be collected. Work will only be retained for one month following this notification. No exceptions.
Regarding Kids Clay Club:
- It is your responsibility to clearly report in writing on the enrolment form, any illness, allergy or disability that may affect your child's involvement in the Clay Club activities.
- Please respect our teachers and be prompt to arrive and collect your children. Do not arrive more than 5 minutes early to class or leave your children more than 5 minutes later than the class end.
- Children are expected to be mature enough to work in a group together, to respect everyone's needs and differences and to be polite.