Buy a Gift Voucher
Gift this class
Slow Clay Professional Development Program: Term 2
You have been re-directed to the booking page for Slow Clay Professional Development Program TERM 2: CLAY, KILNS & FIRING with Robert Barron.
BOOKINGS OPEN from 20 March 2019.
Please also note Term 2: GLAZE & COLOUR DEVELOPMENT is bookable now too. The Term 2 units of study are being offered separately so it's possible to enrol in one or both.
The Professional Development Program (PDP) is geared towards Intermediate and Advanced students to supplement their practical studio studies.
Over the course of a year 8 separate units of study will be offered which together will make a comprehensive course which aims to help students prepare for more independent learning or starting to share their ceramic work with the world!
Preference will be given to current PDP students to enrol in the forthcoming term.
Book here for 4 weeks of CLAY, KILNS & FIRING with Robert Barron from Gooseneck Pottery. Book here for 1 x Weekend Intensive of GLAZE & COLOUR DEVELOPMENT with Greg Daly. See more content details on the website here.
- Develop your understanding of different kiln designs and how they work
- Learn about kiln atmospheres and how to control them
- Possible bonus to visit Rob Barron's wood kiln in Gippsland (TBC)
- New knowledge to approach firing and kilns with some confidence!
- Insights into building or buying a new kiln
- students may receive a list of simple materials to be purchased
- A4 plain page sketch book
- camera/smart phone
Sensible shoes and casual clothes! It's an art studio!
Intermediate and advanced students of ceramics
Please choose carefully. Due to our limited class sizes once you've booked and paid either the deposit or the full fee we will only refund what you have paid if the class is cancelled by us. If you are unable to attend you may share the love and transfer your booking to a friend for no charge or, provided we can fill your place, you can hold your payment for up to 12 months for a future course.
Welcome to Slow Clay Centre!
We have some Terms & Conditions you need to know about:
These apply to all Slow Clay Centre classes/workshops/events:
- Deposit or full payment (depending on the course/workshop/event) must be made at the time of booking.
- Please choose carefully. Due to our limited class sizes once you've booked and paid either the deposit or the full fee we will only refund what you have paid if the class is cancelled by us. If you are unable to attend you may transfer your booking to a friend for no charge or, provided we can fill your place, we can hold your payment in credit for up to 12 months for any future course (you must pay the difference if the price is higher).
- Please note: All students will receive a reminder three weeks before the start date with a link to pay the remaining balance with your credit card. Students who paid the deposit online will have the balance automatically deducted. Others will need to click on the link provided or ring our office on 99437844.
- Due to our limited class sizes, if your balance is not received three weeks before the start date we reserve the right to find a replacement student and if this is not possible we will keep your deposit.
Weekly classes: These additional conditions apply to all Slow Clay Centre weekly classes.
- Please note that making ceramics, particularly on the pottery wheel, can be a physically demanding activity. If you have any pre-existing illnesses and/or chronic injuries to your back, shoulders, hips, neck, wrists or elbows we strongly advise you to seek a medical opinion before enrolling as some activities might exacerbate past injuries and we take no responsibility if this occurs.
- We ask that you fully disclose any prior and/or ongoing illnesses or injuries that could affect you IN WRITING BY EMAIL before you enrol.
- Your enrolment is conditional on your acceptance that Slow Clay Centre and/or the company's employees, whether casual, contract, or permanently employed, are indemnified against any exacerbation of any past or any new injuries.
- All work made during classes is to be used for personal, non-commercial purposes. This is individually negotiable for advanced students or for studio exhibitions but we ask students to accept that the emphasis of our classes is strictly on education not studio production.
- Teaching fees are fully inclusive of materials but students will incur a single firing fee based on the current cost of $10 per kg weight after gloss firing.(no charge for biqsue firing)
- Collection of fired pieces: Please understand that our storage capacity is extremely limited. Students will be notified via email when work is ready to be collected. Work will only be retained for one month following this notification. No exceptions.
Regarding Kids Clay Club:
- It is your responsibility to clearly report in writing on the enrolment form, any illness, allergy or disability that may affect your child's involvement in the Clay Club activities.
- Please respect our teachers and be prompt to arrive and collect your children. Do not arrive more than 5 minutes early to class or leave your children more than 5 minutes later than the class end.
- Children are expected to be mature enough to work in a group together, to respect everyone's needs and differences and to be polite.