Buy a Gift Voucher
Gift this class
An Intimate Evening with Rajasthani Potters
Join Crosshatched founder Sandra Bowkett, Ann Ferguson and two fabulous Rajisthani potters Manohar Lal and Aasha Ram, for an intimate evening of demonstrations and discussion, film, and Indian refreshments.
Participants will have a chance to have a go on a traditional Indian momentum wheel and marvel at the potter's techniques passed down from generations before. Sandra and Ann will delve into the history of Kumarghram village and life in the Rajasthan potteries & the contemporary significance of tea vessels and water jars.
WHEN: TUESDAY 9 APRIL, 6-8pm
WHERE: 13 Keele St, Collingwood
ENTRY FEE: By donation. Our booking service requires us to make a fee so we have suggested $10 which will cover a samosa and a beer but please bring some extra cash if you feel generous and wish to donate to the potters and to Crosshatched! All money received goes to support the good work of Crosshatched to continue to make cultural connections between artists.
- See the potters demonstrate their skills
- Have a go on a traditional Indian momentum wheel
- Hear about the village where the potters live and about the vessels they make
- New knowledge and inspiration!
- Convivial conversation, chai, samosas and beer!
- extra $$$ to donate if you wish
If you want to try the wheel: loose clothing is mandatory! And leave the stilettos at home!
This event will suit anyone
Please choose carefully. Due to our limited class sizes once you've booked and paid either the deposit or the full fee we will only refund what you have paid if the class is cancelled by us. If you are unable to attend you may share the love and transfer your booking to a friend for no charge or, provided we can fill your place, you can hold your payment for up to 12 months for a future course.
Welcome to Slow Clay Centre!
We have some Terms & Conditions you need to know about:
These apply to all Slow Clay Centre classes/workshops/events:
- Deposit or full payment (depending on the course/workshop/event) must be made at the time of booking.
- Please choose carefully. Due to our limited class sizes once you've booked and paid either the deposit or the full fee we will only refund what you have paid if the class is cancelled by us. If you are unable to attend you may transfer your booking to a friend for no charge or, provided we can fill your place, we can hold your payment in credit for up to 12 months for any future course (you must pay the difference if the price is higher).
- Please note: All students will receive a reminder three weeks before the start date with a link to pay the remaining balance with your credit card. Students who paid the deposit online will have the balance automatically deducted. Others will need to click on the link provided or ring our office on 99437844.
- Due to our limited class sizes, if your balance is not received three weeks before the start date we reserve the right to find a replacement student and if this is not possible we will keep your deposit.
Weekly classes: These additional conditions apply to all Slow Clay Centre weekly classes.
- Please note that making ceramics, particularly on the pottery wheel, can be a physically demanding activity. If you have any pre-existing illnesses and/or chronic injuries to your back, shoulders, hips, neck, wrists or elbows we strongly advise you to seek a medical opinion before enrolling as some activities might exacerbate past injuries and we take no responsibility if this occurs.
- We ask that you fully disclose any prior and/or ongoing illnesses or injuries that could affect you IN WRITING BY EMAIL before you enrol.
- Your enrolment is conditional on your acceptance that Slow Clay Centre and/or the company's employees, whether casual, contract, or permanently employed, are indemnified against any exacerbation of any past or any new injuries.
- All work made during classes is to be used for personal, non-commercial purposes. This is individually negotiable for advanced students or for studio exhibitions but we ask students to accept that the emphasis of our classes is strictly on education not studio production.
- Teaching fees are fully inclusive of materials but students will incur a single firing fee based on the current cost of $10 per kg weight after gloss firing.(no charge for biqsue firing)
- Collection of fired pieces: Please understand that our storage capacity is extremely limited. Students will be notified via email when work is ready to be collected. Work will only be retained for one month following this notification. No exceptions.
Regarding Kids Clay Club:
- It is your responsibility to clearly report in writing on the enrolment form, any illness, allergy or disability that may affect your child's involvement in the Clay Club activities.
- Please respect our teachers and be prompt to arrive and collect your children. Do not arrive more than 5 minutes early to class or leave your children more than 5 minutes later than the class end.
- Children are expected to be mature enough to work in a group together, to respect everyone's needs and differences and to be polite.