Buy a Gift Voucher
Gift this class
Porcelain Small Objects & Wearables
You have been re-directed to the booking page for Slow Clay Porcelain Small Objects courses.
Choose your class time carefully please! Once they book out there is no way we can transfer you if you choose the wrong time!
This course is one of our trilogy of foundational courses designed to introduce you different aspects of working with clay. The other two courses are our unique Slow Clay Wheel course and our comprehensive Form & Surface hand-building course. It does not matter which of the three you start with. Once you become a student with us you have priority to continue with us and move into a different course each term until you have completed the three introduction courses. Thereafter, you can continue to develop to a high level in one area if you wish. The content for the 8-week course can be found on our website www.slowclay.com.
Please be aware there is more demand for our courses than we can satisfy. We try very hard to be fair to everyone but inevitably people miss out. We sincerely apologise.
- How to prepare and add colour to clay in different ways
- How to develop your own unique designs from simple starting points
- How to turn your designs into unique and personal wearable porcelain and/or small objects
- New in-depth knowledge from an experienced ceramic artist and teacher
- your own wearable porcelain and/or small objects!
- Sketch book, pen and camera if you wish.
comfortable clothes, enclosed shoes.
Adults 16+, Beginner's or experienced welcome
Please choose carefully. Due to our limited class sizes once you've booked and paid either the deposit or the full fee we will only refund what you have paid if the class is cancelled by us. If you are unable to attend you may share the love and transfer your booking to a friend for no charge or, provided we can fill your place, you can hold your payment for up to 12 months for a future course.
Welcome to Slow Clay Centre!
We have some Terms & Conditions you need to know about:
These apply to all Slow Clay Centre classes/workshops/events:
- Deposit or full payment (depending on the course/workshop/event) must be made at the time of booking.
- Please choose carefully. Due to our limited class sizes once you've booked and paid either the deposit or the full fee we will only refund what you have paid if the class is cancelled by us. If you are unable to attend you may transfer your booking to a friend for no charge or, provided we can fill your place, we can hold your payment in credit for up to 12 months for any future course (you must pay the difference if the price is higher).
- Please note: All students will receive a reminder three weeks before the start date with a link to pay the remaining balance with your credit card. Students who paid the deposit online will have the balance automatically deducted. Others will need to click on the link provided or ring our office on 99437844.
- If your balance is not received three weeks before the start date we reserve the right to find a replacement student and if this is not possible we will keep your deposit.
Weekly classes: These additional conditions apply to all Slow Clay Centre weekly classes.
- Please note that making ceramics, particularly on the pottery wheel, can be a physically demanding activity. If you have any pre-existing illnesses and/or chronic injuries to your back, shoulders, hips, neck, wrists or elbows we strongly advise you to seek a medical opinion before enrolling as some activities might exacerbate past injuries and we take no responsibility if this occurs. We ask you to fully disclose any prior and/or ongoing illnesses or injuries that could affect you. Your enrolment is conditional on the acceptance that Slow Clay Centre and/or the company's employees, whether casual, contract, or permanently employed, are indemnified against any exacerbation of past or new injuries.
- All work made during classes is to be used for personal, non-commercial purposes. This is individually negotiable for advanced students or for studio exhibitions but we ask students to accept that the emphasis of our classes is strictly on education not studio production.
- Teaching fees are fully inclusive of materials but students incur a single firing fee based on a current cost of $10 per kg weight after gloss firing.(no charge for biqsue firing)
- Collection of fired pieces: Please understand that our storage is extremely limited. Students will be notified via email when work is ready to be collected. Work will only be retained for one month following this notification unless other arrangements are made.
Regarding Kids Clay Club:
- It is your responsibility to clearly report in writing on the enrolment form, any illness or disability that may affect your child's involvement in the Clay Club activities.
- Please respect our teachers and be prompt to arrive and collect your children. Do not arrive more than 5 minutes early to class or leave your children more than 5 minutes later than the class end.
- Children are expected to be mature enough to work in a group together, to respect everyone's needs and differences and to be polite.